I think its so interesting how people don't understand the law of Chasity. If you break the law of Chasity, you become spiritually dead. You’re not just keeping the commandments today and tomorrow your breaking the law of chastity. Satan works on us little by little, then when we mess up, he makes us feel like there is no return. I’m so grateful for the atonement for this reason. Even when we mess up, we can still repent. The road is hard but, like Elder Holland has said “Salvation was never easy.”
Don’t be fooled on what the world is teaching you. Satan is very cunning. He will twist his words to where they make sense and people will believe him. I’ve notice that he will tell most of the truth with a lie in the very end. I’ve seen so many people get swooped up into this way of thinking and have had their lives in turmoil. The worlds view is always changing, whereas God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
I never thought of breaking the law of chastity was betraying your family but, it makes perfect sense. Getting involved with pornography or committing adultery is very selfish. Your putting your wants and desires ahead of your family. You’re giving into Satan. I can’t imagine having to tell your family about this. I could only imagine the guilt one would have.
Something I didn’t realize is how there is a law of Chasity for married couples. Obviously, don’t commit adultery but, I thought that was a given. What I didn’t realize that you do it (sorry I have no other way to describe it), out of love for each other. It’s a very sacred experience for you and your spouse. Your marriage is consecrated by the Lord and you should not defile that.
No comments:
Post a Comment